It is a well documented fact that it costs 6 to 8 times more to sell to new customers than it does to sell more to previous customers.
Your efforts should be shifting away from the “Traditional Marketing” approach of lead generation as your main source of business growth, and focus more on maximising your relationship with existing clients…
… building “Customers For Life”.
When you consider that 68% of people change suppliers because they don’t feel cared about, then there is a HUGE potential for you to make more money for your business, JUST BY HOLDING ON TO THE CUSTOMERS YOU ALREADY HAVE!
The thing about great Customer Service, (especially to out-do your competition), is that it is so easy to do and I can guarantee most of your competitors won’t be doing it.
I’m going to share with you the 7 “Moments of Truth” to help build those Customers for Life.
These are times when you can create lifelong customers, if you recognise the moment and make something of it!
Moment of Truth 1
– The moment your customer complains. It’s how you handle the compliant which makes the difference.
Moment of Truth 2
– The moment one of your new customers comes back to place a second order. What do you do?
Moment of Truth 3
– The moment a customer has thanked you. What do you do?
Moment of Truth 4
– The moment one of your customers has been through a hard time because of a foul-up on your (or their) part. What could you do?
Moment of Truth 5
– The moment a customers needs a favour from you. What do you do?
Moment of Truth 6
– The moment you see your customer in public. What do you do?
Moment of Truth 7
– The moment your customers brings you a referral. What do you do?
It is actually the little things you can do at these times which make a difference. It’s these little things which stick in your customers minds and can turn them into Clients For Life.
The amazing thing is that this is astonishingly simple, can make such a major impact to your business, yet hardly anybody does it.
If you would like to share any of your personal experiences, observations or the results you’ve achieved using these or similar tips, please leave your comments and/or thoughts below. I always love to hear from you.