The terms of this policy apply to jezhunt.com, training.jezhunt.com and offers.jezhunt.com (the “Website”) unless different terms are otherwise specified in a form or contract provided to you by us.
- Changes to This Policy
- Who We Are
- How This Policy Applies
- What We Collect and Receive
- How We Use This Information
- UK and European Union Users
- How This Information Is Shared
- How Long We Hold Your Information
- Data Transfers
- Your Rights
- Email Notifications and Phone Calls
- Data Protection Contact
- Data Protection Authority
The headings used in this agreement are included for convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect this Policy.
2. Who We Are
The Company provides mentoring, coaching, marketing support, business growth solutions and related products, services and support to enable people who want personal development and/or who want to grow their business.
4. What We Collect and Receive
In order to serve our customers, we may collect personally identifiable information. Depending on your use of our products and/or services, that may include:
- Information you provide when you contact us about our products and/or services, either via the telephone, email, online enquiry forms or face-to-face, such as your name, email, postal address, telephone number and login.
- Information you provide when you purchase an online product and/or service, or attend one of our events or webinars.
- Communications you send to us, for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem.
- Information that you submit on or to the Company in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
Providing information on online forms is always voluntary. You may decline to provide us with your information, however, this will limit your ability to register for and our ability to provide you with some of our products and/or services. Where you have purchased a product and/or service which requires access via an online account, you may review, change or remove your online information through your account settings or request removal of your offline information by email by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org
We will only use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to deliver the products and/or services to you that you have requested;
- to validate your compliance with the terms and conditions;
- for content improvement and feedback purposes;
- to reach you, when necessary, regarding your use of this website, products and/or services.
Data Protection law in the UK (UK GDPR) and Europe (EU GDPR) requires a “lawful basis” for collecting and retaining personal data from citizens or residents of the UK and European Economic Area. The Company’s lawful bases include:
- Performing the contract we have with you: In certain circumstances we need your personal data to comply with our contractural obligation to deliver our Products or Services.
- Legal compliance: Sometimes we are required by law to collect and use your data.
- Legitimate interests: This is a technical term in data protection law which essentially means we have a good and fair reason to use your data and we do so in ways which do not hurt your interests and rights. We sometimes process your personal information for certain legitimate business purposes, which include some or all of the following:
- where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our products, services or communications for the benefits of our customers;
- to identify and prevent fraud;
- to enhance the security of our information systems;
- to better understand how users interact with our websites;
- to provide postal communications which we think will be of interest to you;
- to determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising.
Whenever we process data for these purposes we will ensure we always keep your Personal Data rights in high regard and take account of these rights. You have the right to object to this processing if you wish, and if you wish to do so please contact us at email@example.com. Please bear in mind that if you object, this may affect our ability to carry out tasks above for your benefit.
8. How long we hold your information
- Information held online to enable you to access your account will be held for as long as you want access to the products and/or services you have purchased. If you delete your account, you will no longer be able to access all products and/or services you have previously purchased. Information held where you have signed up to receive our newsletter or other product- or service-specific information can be deleted immediately by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email.
- Information we hold about you offline to be able to provide our services will be retained for a period of 7 years after your last engagement with us, in line with legal recommendations for our industry, to provide you continuation of our services should you require them in the future.
- Information we hold about minors offline to be able to provide healing services will be retained for a period of 7 years after they turn 18, in line with legal recommendations for our industry, to provide them continuation of our services should they be required in the future.
We will also retain and use this information as necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements and protect our legal rights.
Due to the nature of the internet, your information may be processed on servers located outside of the country where you live. The rules that protect your personal information under United Kingdom and EU law may be different than in your home country. If you choose to use our services, you need to agree to our Terms of Service, which set out the contract between the Company and its users.
When we receive formal written complaints, we respond by contacting the person who made the complaint. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of your data that we cannot resolve with you directly.
Users residing in certain countries, including the UK and EU, are afforded certain rights regarding their personal information. Except where an exception or exemption applies, these rights include the ability to access, correct, and request deletion of your personal information. While these rights are not applicable globally, all of our users can manage their personal information, as further described below, in their account settings.
You can request a downloadable copy of your online personal data from the Company from your account settings page. To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please log in and update your profile. You may also delete your account from your account settings page. We may retain certain information as required by law or as necessary for our legitimate business purposes.
11. Email Notifications, Text Messages and Phone Calls
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt in to any marketing communications we send.
We will send you emails relating to any products and/or services you have purchased and text messages and phone calls relating to your coaching and mentoring sessions to enable us to deliver the service. You may also elect to receive certain marketing email communications, in accordance with your preferences, and from which you may opt out at any time by adjusting your notification settings.
We take security seriously, and the security of your personal data is important to us. We follow industry-standard practices to protect the data we collect and maintain, including using Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt information as it travels over the internet.
No method of transmission over the internet or electronic storage is completely secure, so the Company cannot guarantee its absolute security. Your online account information is protected by a password which we don’t have access to and which you should choose carefully and keep secure.
To contact us about matters concerning Data Protection, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us in writing at:
Jez Hunt Business Growth
38 Crowe Road
Bedfordshire, MK40 4FR
14. Data Protection Authority
If you are a citizen of the UK or European Economic Area (EEA), you also have the right to (i) object to the Company’s use of your personal information and (ii) lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority or the United kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office, which is our lead supervisory authority in the UK and European Union.
United Kingdom Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire
SK9 5AF, United Kingdom
Telephone: 0303 123 1113 or +44 1625 545 700
Fax: 01625 524510
The Company does not and will not knowingly collect any personal information from any unsupervised person under the age of 18. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use this website, register for an account to use our services or submit any personal data to us without the consent and supervision of a parent or guardian.