I believe there are times when we can all benefit from mentoring and that, for mentoring to be successful, it depends on 3 main things: Timing, Chemistry and Attitude.
Timing – You have to really want to make changes – from where you are, to the desirable state you want in the future. For example:
- You feel stuck and don’t know how to move forwards;
- You want to have clarity on your ‘purpose’ and the direction you want to go in;
- You feel unfulfilled but can’t work out what will make you happier;
- You want to change a habit or behaviour which isn’t serving you;
- You feel your business isn’t fully supporting the life you want to lead;
- You want to improve your communication, creativity or strategic thinking.
If you resonate with any or all of the above statements and are truly ready to embrace change, then you are ready for mentoring.
Chemistry – Effective mentoring depends on the chemistry you have with your mentor:
- Do you feel comfortable in their company?
- Do you feel that you can trust them?
- Do you feel you can be open and honest with them?
I offer a complimentary chemistry session to give us the chance to get to know each other, ask questions and make sure we are both comfortable before we start the mentoring programme.
Attitude – It’s important that you have the right mindset for change and self-development:
- Are you ready to move forward in your life and take control of your future?
- Are you willing to be open minded about the mentoring process?
- Are you ready to be challenged and work hard to achieve the goals you want to achieve?
- Do you want to be empowered and supported to find the solutions which are right for you?
If you answer “Yes!” then mentoring can reap huge rewards.