I believe there are times when we can all benefit from coaching and mentoring and that, for coaching to be successful, it depends on 3 main things: Timing, Chemistry and Attitude.
Timing – You have to really want to make changes – from where you are, to the desirable state you want in the future. For example:
- You feel stuck and don’t know how to move forwards;
- You want to have clarity on your ‘purpose’ and the direction you want to go in;
- You feel unfulfilled but can’t work out what will make you happier;
- You want to change a habit or behaviour which isn’t serving you;
- You feel your business isn’t fully supporting the life you want to lead;
- You want to improve your communication, creativity or strategic thinking.
If you resonate with any or all of the above statements and are truly ready to embrace change, then you are ready for coaching.
Chemistry – Effective coaching depends on the chemistry you have with your coach:
- Do you feel comfortable in their company?
- Do you feel that you can trust them?
- Do you feel you can be open and honest with them?
I offer a complimentary discovery session to give us the chance to get to know each other, ask questions and make sure we are both comfortable before we start the coaching programme.
Attitude – It’s important that you have the right mindset for change and self-development:
- Are you ready to move forward in your life and take control of your future?
- Are you willing to be open minded about the coaching process?
- Are you ready to be challenged and work hard to achieve the goals you want to achieve?
- Are you ready to rewrite limiting beliefs which are holding you back?
- Do you want to be empowered and supported to find the solutions which are right for you?
If you answer “Yes!” then coaching and business mentoring can reap huge rewards.